Chelston is approximately 8 kilometres (5 mi), by road, northeast of downtown Lusaka, north of the highway (T4), between Lusaka and Chipata. To Chelston's west are the neighbourhoods of Munali and Kamanga. To the south is the T4 Highway. To the east is the Airport Road, leading to Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (KKIA). To the north is the swamp that lies east of KKIA. The geographical coordinates of Chelston are: 15°21'57.0"S, 28°23'07.0"E (Latitude:-15.365823; Longitude:28.385265).
Chelston is a middle-class residential neighbourhood. The predominant residences are single family homes for civil servants and other workers in the city.
- GFC (16 April 2016). "Distance between Lusaka, Zambia and Chelston, Lusaka, Zambia". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Google (16 April 2016). "Map Showing the Boundaries of Chelston, Lusaka" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Google (16 April 2016). "Location of Chelston, Lusaka (Chakunkula)" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Nyondo, Linda (14 January 2016). "Chelston houses near completion". Zambia Daily Mail. Lusaka. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Website of Lusaka City Council
- What Is Behind Lusaka Township Names?