|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bangaon Dakshin|
Chandpara is located at.
The area shown in the map was a part of Jessore district from 1883. At the time of Partition of Bengal (1947) the Radcliffe Line placed the police station areas of Bangaon and Gaighata of Jessore district in India and the area was made a part of 24 Parganas district. The renowned novelist, Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay (of Pather Panchali fame) belonged to this area and many of his writings portray his experience in the area. It is a flat plain located in the lower Ganges Delta. In the densely populated area, 16.33% of the population lives in the urban areas and 83.67% lives in the rural areas.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
CD block HQ
The headquarters of Gaighata CD block are located at Chandpara Bazar.
According to the 2011 Census of India, Chandpara had a total population of 7,113, of which 3,655 (51%) were males and 3,458 (49%) were females. Population in the age range 0–6 years was 604. The total number of literate persons in Chandpara was 5,665 (87.03% of the population over 6 years).
Chandpara Bani Vidhya Bithi is a higher secondary school in Chandpara of North 24 Parganas district, West Bengal. Over 1,700 students are enrolled at this school. It was established in 1950. Established in 1950 with Late Mahendranath Ghosh as its founder Headmaster, Chandpara Bani Vidya Bithi (H.S.) School is one of the pioneering institutions in Gaighata East Circle. The chair of the Head of the institution was also graced by the august presence of Late Keshablal Biswas (TIC), Sri Ramesh Chandra Biswas (HM), Sri Nikhil Kumar Das (TIC)
Dhakuria High School at Chandpara is a Bengali medium boys only higher secondary school established in 1954. It has arrangements for teaching from class V to class XII. It has its own play ground.
Chandpara Balika Vidyalaya at Chandpara is a Bengali-medium girls only higher secondary school established in 1954. It has arrangements for teaching from class VI to class XII. It has its own play ground.
Chandpara Rural Hospital with 30 beds is the main medical facility in Gaighata CD Block. There are primary health centres at Gaighata (with 6 beds), Dharampur (with 6 beds), Ramchandrapur (Baduria PHC with 10 beds) and Ghonja (Dr. B.R.Roy PHC with 6 beds).
- "Bengal District Gazetteers, Jessore by L.S.S. O'Malley". Chapter II: History, Page/ Section 44. Bengal Secretariat Book Depot, 1912. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "District Gazetteer" (PDF). Chapter IX: General Administration, Page 150. Egiye Bangla. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Jessore District Information". Khujbo.com. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Bibhutibhusan Bandopadhyay". Banglapedia. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 13. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 21 January 2019. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of North Twenty Four Parganas with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of North Twenty Four Parganas with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Google maps
- "33811 Seldah Bangaon Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Dhakuria High School". ICBSE. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Chandpara Balika Vidyalaya". ICBSE. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 26 May 2018.