Catlin Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: 38°13′03″N 97°05′51″W / 38.2176313°N 97.0973753°W / 38.2176313; -97.0973753Coordinates: 38°13′03″N 97°05′51″W / 38.2176313°N 97.0973753°W / 38.2176313; -97.0973753|
|• Total||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,414 ft (431 m)|
|• Density||5.2/sq mi (2.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-11075 |
|GNIS ID||477361 |
Catlin Township is a township in Marion County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 187, including a fraction of the city of Peabody.
Catlin Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.2 km2).
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Peabody (north of 9th Street). The majority of Peabody is located in Peabody Township.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Catlin Mennonite Church Cemetery, located in Section 17 T21S R3E. The church was closed in 1961 then demolished in the 1960s.
- Prairie Lawn Cemetery (aka Brookdell Cemetery), located in Section 34 T21S R3E. Main cemetery for city of Peabody.
- Tharp Cemetery, located in Section 2 T21S R3E.
U.S. Route 50 passes along the southern township edge, and follows roughly parallel to the BNSF Railway.
- ^ a b c d e "Catlin Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- ^ a b "2010 Total Population - Township of Catlin". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- ^ Marion County Cemetery List; KsGenWeb. (archived on archive.org)
- ^ Catlin Mennonite Church; Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encycolopedia Online.
- ^ Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT