|Height||213 feet (65 m)|
|Shape||pyramidal skeletal tower with central white cylinder, double balcony and lantern|
|Markings||red skeletal tower, white central cylinder, red lantern|
|Heritage||architectural heritage monument|
|Focal height||203 feet (62 m)|
|Range||30 nautical miles (56 km; 35 mi)|
|Characteristic||continuous white light along the channel line|
white flash every 5s narrow right
four white flashes every 15s narrow left
Campen Lighthouse is an active lighthouse in the village of Campen, by the Ems estuary, northwest of Emden, in the East Frisia region, state of Lower Saxony, Germany. At a height of 213 feet (65 m) it is the fourteenth tallest "traditional lighthouse" in the world and the tallest in Germany.
The structure consists of a free-standing lattice tower with the stair shaft inside. The lighthouse was built in 1889 and went in service on 1 October 1891.
The lamp of Campen Lighthouse has a light intensity of 4.5 million candelas, the most powerful lighthouse lamp in Germany. Remarkably, the aperture of its flashing light to the left and right has an angle of only 0.3 degrees. The continuous light aperture is also quite small, less than 0.6 degrees.
The machine building contains the oldest workable diesel engine in Germany. It was built in 1906 and has a power of 15 kilowatts.
- According to List of Lights. Structurae says 65.3 m, which translates to 214 ft. The Lighthouse Directory has "65.3 m (214.2 ft)".
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Germany: Borkum to Wilhelmshaven". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Rowlett, Russ. "The Tallest Lighthouses". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Campen Lighthouse at Structurae
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Germany: Borkum to Wilhelmshaven". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- List of Lights, Pub. 114: British Isles, English Channel and North Sea (PDF). List of Lights. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2010. p. 159.
- Campen Lighthouse in Lighthouse Digest's Lighthouse Explorer Database