|Founded by||Tunisian Jews|
Berekhya (Hebrew: בֶּרֶכְיָה) is a moshav in southern Israel. Located four kilometres east of Ashkelon, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hof Ashkelon Regional Council. In 2019 it had a population of 1,274.
The moshav was founded in the winter of 1950 by immigrants from the Tunisian island of Djerba, who had formed a community whilst in a camp in Pardes Hana. Its name is an expression of the founders' wishes for the blessing (Hebrew: בְּרָכָה, Brakha) of God.
- "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- Place Names in Israel. A Compendium of Place Names in Israel compiled from various sources, Israel Prime Minister’s Office. The Israeli Program for Scientific Translations 1962, p37