Bear Canyon Lake
|Bear Canyon Lake|
|Location||Coconino County, Arizona, United States|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||60 acres (24 ha)|
|Max. depth||50 ft (15 m)|
|Surface elevation||7,560 ft (2,300 m)|
Bear Canyon Lake is located nearly an hour’s drive northeast of Payson, Arizona. Access is restricted in the winter when roads are closed due to snow, generally November to late April.
Bear Canyon Lake consists of 60 acres (24 ha) with a maximum depth of 50 feet (15 m). It lies at 7,560 feet (2,300 m). The Department stocks it with catchable-sized rainbow trout about six times each year.
- Arizona Fishin' Holes, Phoenix, AZ: Arizona Game and Fish Department, 2007
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bear Canyon Lake
- Arizona Fishing Locations Map
- Arizona Boating Locations Facilities Map
- Video of Bear Canyon Lake