Sub-prefecture and town
|Time zone||UTC+0 (GMT)|
Baro is the ancestral home of the President of Guinea, Alpha Condé. The President's parents were born in Baro. The family later moved to Boke where Alpha Condé was born. The grande celebration of traditional festival called Fête de la Mare: Marsh Festival (Dahlamon in Mandinka)  is held in Baro every year on the eve of the first rain. The festival attracts thousands of visitors each year.
Two documentaries by Thomas Roebers and Floris Leeuwenberg show life in Baro. FOLI (there is no movement without rhythm) shows the importance of rhythm (foli) in everyday life and shows dancing. Kasa! shows ritual related to farming.
- "Subprefectures of Guinea". Statoids. Retrieved April 19, 2009.
- "Guinea". Institut National de la Statistique, Guinea, accessed via Geohive. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "FÊTE DE LA MARE".
- "Fête de la Mare: Sacred Marsh Festival of the Malinke People (Guinea, West Africa)".
- "La Guinée en chiffres et lettres". Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "L'UNICEF sensiibilise sur l'eau..." Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "FOLI (there is no movement without rhythm)".