|Country (de jure)||Cyprus|
|• District||Nicosia District|
|Country (de facto)||Northern Cyprus|
|• District||Lefke District|
|Elevation||182 m (597 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
According to a suggestion, the name Angolemi is given by the Lusignans, after the town of Angoulême in France. Some sources say that a knight from Angoulême lived in the village in the Middle Ages.
Another suggestion says that the name is derived from the former Patriarch of Antioch, Pierre d'Angoulême.
The village is commonly known as Angolem among local people.
The houses in the village are mainly made of adobe, while concrete ones are also present. The village has developed to the fields outside the village since early 2000s.
Many houses are neglected and abandoned because of migration to Nicosia. There are unused vehicles in the streets.
The first information about the population of the village is from the time of Mahmud II.
|Population by year|
|1831||25 (only men)|
- In 1983, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus unilaterally declared independence from the Republic of Cyprus. The de facto state is not recognised by any UN state except Turkey.
- "KKTC 2011 Nüfus ve Konut Sayımı" [TRNC 2011 Population and Housing Census] (PDF) (in Turkish). TRNC State Planning Organization. 6 August 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-06.
- Charles Fraser Beckingham (1983). Between Islam and Christendom: travellers, facts, and legends in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, p. 356, Variorum Reprints. ISBN 978-0-86078-123-3.
- Lüzinyanlardan beri var olan bir köy: Taşpınar (Angolem) (A village which exists since the time of Lusingnans: Taşpınar Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine (Kıbrıs)
- Gunnis, Rupert (1956). Historic Cyprus: a guide to its towns and villages, monasteries and castles. Methuen.
- Ahmet C. Gazioğlu (1994). Kıbrıs'ta Türkler, 1570-1878: 308 yıllık Türk dönemine yeni bir bakış, p. 116, Kıbrıs Araştırma ve Yayın Merkezi.
- Nazım Beratlı (1993). Kıbrıslı Türklerin tarihi, p. 156, Galeri Kültür yayınları.
- Angolemi at Google Earth
- 2006 Census Archived 2013-01-16 at the Wayback Machine
- "Lefke Kasabası'nın Demografik ve Ekonomik Yapısı" (in Turkish). www.kibris.net. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- "Κυπροσ - Cyprus (612 villages, 9251,47 Km²)" (PDF). agrino.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 11, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2011.
- "Lefke Tarihinden bir kesit: 1831 Nüfus Sayımı - Osmanlı Egemenliğinde Lefke Kazası" (in Turkish). www.kibris.net. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2010.