Altyn Asyr, Turkmenistan
sowhoz Tejen (совхоз "Теджен")
|Time zone||UTC+5 (+5)|
The municipality was founded on the basis of the Soviet-era cotton-producing "Tejen" state farm. Following independence, state and collective farms were redesignated villages and towns. The Tejen State Farm was designated a town and initially named Bereket ("fertile"). In 2000 it was renamed Altyn Asyr ("Golden Age") and made the administrative center of a new district of the same name formed from parts of Sarahs District, Tejen District, and Kaka District. On 28 April 2016 Altyn Asyr was further upgraded, to city-in-a-district status, by parliamentary decree. The Altyn Asyr District was abolished by act of Parliament on 5 January 2018 and its territory was transferred to Tejen, Kaka, and Sarahs Districts. The city of Altyn Asyr was reassigned to Tejen District.
People associated with Altyn Asyr
A director of the former state farm, Chary Hanamov (Turkmen: Çary Hanamow, Russian: Чары Ханамов) wrote a memoir of his life and times. Hanamov was recognized as a Hero of Socialist Labor in 1976. Hanamov's son, Nurmuhammet Hanamow, served as independent Turkmenistan's ambassador to Turkey and subsequently went into exile as an opposition leader.
Appearance in motion picture
In 1969 the "Tejen" state farm was the subject of cinematography.
- "Father of the Turkmens who failed to lead his people to a golden age". Financial Times. 21 December 2006.
- "Указ Президента Туркменистана Об образовании этрапа Алтын Асыр в Ахалском велаяте" (in Russian). Нейтральный Трукменистан. 24 August 2000.
- "TÜRKMENISTANYŇ MEJLISINIŇ KARARY № 391-V Aşgabat şäheriniň hem-de Ahal welaýatynyň dolandyryş-çäk meseleleri hakynda" (PDF) (in Turkmen). Parliament of Turkmenistan. 28 April 2016. p. 174.
- "TÜRKMENISTANYŇ MEJLISINIŇ KARARY № 686-V Ahal welaýatynyň dolandyryş-çäk böiünişiginiň meseleleri hakynda" (PDF) (in Turkmen). Parliament of Turkmenistan. 5 January 2018. p. 208.
- "Парламент Туркменистана внёс изменения в административно-территориальное деление Ахалского велаята" (in Russian). Turkmenportal. 5 January 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- Ханамов, Чары (1984). Залог успеха : [Опыт работы дир. совхоза "Теджен" Теджен. р-на Ашхабад. обл.]. Ashgabat.
- "Ханамов Чары". Retrieved 7 April 2021.
- "Turkmenistan Accuses Russia in Attempt on Its President's Life". The New York Times. 27 November 2002. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Turkmen opposition urges return home for election". bdnews24.com. 23 December 2006. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Туркменистан: Осуждение лидера оппозиции признано незаконным". Human Rights Watch. 31 December 2002.
- "Way: Altyn Asyr (261862786)". Retrieved 7 April 2021.
- "ТУРКМЕНСКИЙ СОВХОЗ "ТЕДЖЕН".. (1969)". Retrieved 7 April 2021.