|Hubs||Rarotonga International Airport|
|Headquarters||Rarotonga, Cook Islands|
|Key people||Ewan Smith|
Air Rarotonga is an airline based in Rarotonga, Cook Islands and is ‘The Airline of the Cook Islands’. It operates inter-island and regional scheduled services throughout the Cook Islands and to Tahiti. It also operates chartered flights to French Polynesia, Niue, Samoa and Tonga. Its main base and hub is Rarotonga International Airport.
The airline was established in February 1978 and started operations in July 1978 with a Cessna 337 aircraft. The company is owned by three private investors. More than 70,000 passengers travel between its island destinations each year.
Following is a list of destinations Air Rarotonga flies to as part of its scheduled services, as of October 2018[update].
|City||Country||IATA||ICAO||Airport||Refs and Notes|
|Aitutaki||Cook Islands||AIT||NCAI||Aitutaki Airport|||
|Atiu||Cook Islands||AIU||NCAT||Enua Airport|||
|Mangaia||Cook Islands||MGS||NCMG||Mangaia Airport|||
|Manihiki||Cook Islands||MHX||NCMH||Manihiki Island Airport|||
|Mauke||Cook Islands||MUK||NCMK||Mauke Airport|||
|Mitiaro||Cook Islands||MOI||NCMR||Mitiaro Airport|||
|Penrhyn Island||Cook Islands||PYE||NCPY||Tongareva Airport|||
|Pukapuka||Cook Islands||PZK||NCPK||Pukapuka Island Airfield|||
|Rarotonga||Cook Islands||RAR||NCRG||Rarotonga International Airport|||
Since August 2022 Air Rarotonga operates international flights to Tahiti using their own aircraft.
Previously, the airline codeshared with Air Tahiti on flights between Rarotonga and Tahiti. Air Rarotonga also code shares with Air New Zealand for flights between Rarotonga and Aitutaki with Air Rarotonga being the operator.
As of October 2019 the Air Rarotonga fleet includes the following aircraft:
|Embraer EMB-110P1 Bandeirante||2||0||15|
|Cessna Citation II||1||0||8|
In February 2016, the airline added its first Jet to their fleet.
- IATA. "IATA - Codes - Airline and Airport Codes Search". www.iata.org. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Air Rarotonga. Airline code, web site, phone, reviews and opinions". Airlines-inform.com. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Air Rarotonga - Book a Flight". Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Air Rarotonga - Air Charter". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- "ch-aviation interview: Ewan Smith, CEO Air Rarotonga". ch-aviation.blog. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Air Rarotonga Route Maps". Air Rarotonga. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Air Rarotonga - Air Ambulance - Medical evacuation". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Air Rarotonga - Fleet". Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Pacific Private Jet". Retrieved 26 June 2022.
- Official website