|Regions of Denmark||Central Denmark Region|
Aabyhøj , or Åbyhøj, is a neighborhood of Aarhus, Denmark. It is part of the postal district of Aarhus V and has a population of approximately 11,000 people and is home to Aabyhøj IF football club and Aabyhøj Basketball.
Aabyhøj literally means Aaby-hill and the name reflects that it sprawled on the hillsides of the old village of Aaby at the Aarhus River. Aabyhøj comprise relatively modern buildings from or after the Industrial Revolution, but the old village charm can still be seen around Aaby, at the river banks in the southeast of Aabyhøj.
- Just Betzer, film producer
- Niels Brinck, singer-songwriter
- Tina Dickow, singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Jacob Vinjegaard[who?]
- Hans Ranum[who?]
- Frederik Krabbe, football player
- Knudsen, Britta Timm; Waade, Anne Marit (31 January 2010). Re-Investing Authenticity: Tourism, Place and Emotions. Channel View Publications. p. 203. GGKEY:4HKSDTK3BU7. Retrieved 8 August 2012.